Skip to content

Stepper extruder for Baby Blue

January 5, 2012

I printed out Ruttmeister’s stepper motor adapter that I referenced in the last post.  It seems to work great so far- I used Big Red’s extruder stepper board to control it just to check the movement, and it seems smooth.

Last night I disassembled Baby Blue’s hot end as well and tightened the various components. I added teflon tape to the stainless steel tube’s threads because I think that’s where the minor PLA leak was coming from. It’s all back together now except for insulation (all of the insulation was destroyed in disassembling it because that minor leak had soaked it all with melted PLA.)

Work remaining: make the jumpers for the 4th stepper board, wire it up, and start messing with the firmware to get it to actually run.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: